Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 11

Today I was grateful for:

1. Yummy brunch at work, including Spam Musubi!
2. 4 day weekend coming up! I'm tired
3. Getting a bunch of Angel Tree shopping done, with coupons.
4. Dinner out with the family. Also, there was lava cake and ice cream.
5. That my child saw fit to mention to me what some kids did to her and another girl at day camp today, even though I really should have learned about it from the staff. They bullied her and while she handled it in a very reasonable manner, she shouldn't have had to.

Something learned:

I never understood why tattle tales were disliked, until I learned that tattling is just meant to get someone in trouble, whereas telling is done to keep someone safe.

In a similar vein, surprises are meant to provide pleasure when revealed, but secrets are only used to hide things. No secrets from mom and dad is a hard and fast rule for us.

Subtle but important differences. Hope I taught the kid well enough how to judge.


A hope:

That everyone, and especially those celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, experience for themselves the restorative power of gratitude on the spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment