Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 7

Today I was thankful for:

1. The husband being a good sharer and teaching the kid to play Zoo Tycoon on his new Xbox One.
2. The kid successfully signing a stack of holiday cards without even complaining
3. Watching the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special with my family which I enjoyed thoroughly
4. Putting together photos for a 2014 calendar and remembering the happy moments of the past year
5. Date night with the husband to see Thor. Love the Marvel superheros!

Something learned:

The older I get, the more I find old sayings to be true. "A place for everything and everything in it's place" for example. Putting things away is much easier when you know where they have to go. It takes five times as long if you have to stare at each thing and figure out a home for it when you pick it off the floor. I say this as I'm thinking about the dirty dishes in the kitchen of course ... sigh.

A hope:

Now that the kid is older, maybe hubby and I can work on our social life again. I don't think we've hosted a gathering here since she was born.

I recognize the set pieces now

No comments:

Post a Comment