Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 156

Something learned:

"If you live life without margins, you'll be subject to it's whims." I read this in an article and it was the best articulation of why I always try to do things ahead of time.

The way I see it, if something is due on Friday, and I wait till Thursday to do it. I will miss 100% of the opportunities that may come up on Thursday. If I start work on the task as early as I can, I keep open the possibility of taking up opportunities that come my way during the week. Or if an emergency arises on Thursday, then it all gets disrupted.

This philosophy seems obvious to me, but my evangelism efforts seldom succeed. Sigh.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Italian. I've been trying to study it for more than half my lifetime. One would think I would be a little better at it by now.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Being able to get my abs workout done this morning before the family woke up
2. My new inexpensive infinity scarf working quite well as a shrug
3. Finding the book I wanted at the library
4. Hubby making Linguine con Vongole for dinner
5. Seeing some of the Roman sights I love in the movie "The Great Beauty"

Looking forward to:

My singing recital this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment