Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 158

Something learned:

Time vs money.

"Time is money is a common saying" but it has little meaning to a kid with plenty of time and not much way of generating money with it. These days though, I can take my annual salary and divide it by my hours worked and come up with a rough estimate of what my time could be worth.

It helps puts into perspective the choices of what I do with my time. It makes me feel better about farming out some things to other people to buy back some time for myself, because it's actually cheaper to hire someone else than to spend my own time on it.

In the end, though, it's about sanity. I'm still learning how to ensure that I continue to have my own down time, and my kid now too. But I guess the value of downtime is a different lesson.

Something I'd like to get better at:

To be more willing to ask people questions when I don't understand, instead of trying to look it up later in private.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Getting to visit E3 with the husband
2. Playing some fun games at E3
3. Husband taking care of a phone call that neither of us wanted to make
4. Husband taking the kid out to Fry's while I napped
5. Finally tackling a basket of paperwork to file and actually getting most of it done painlessly

Looking forward to:

Kid doing a magic performance on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment