Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 139

Something learned:

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

In that vein, you can't change a person. Nor should you try. He has to change for himself.

What you CAN do is to be a good example, and demonstrate the benefits of change. Give encouragement, not ultimatums. But that does not preclude you getting out of a relationship that is unhealthy for you. I left relationships with insecure, selfish, and just plain mentally ill men, because they did not want to help themselves and I will never change that.

Something I'd like to get better at:

I'm doing difficult things, but they are things I know I can do. I need to do more things I don't know how to do, and learn to conquer the confused floundering I suffer when I don't know how to break through the not-knowing.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Getting to Columbia without any terrible travel disaster
2. Nice weather, warm and a little humid
3. Lots of friendly folks
4. Tasting yummy authentic Southern Low Country cuisine
5. Finding a geocache

Looking forward to:

Trying authentic Southern Q

No comments:

Post a Comment