Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 146

Something learned:

You can tell a lot about people by the company they keep. Of the men I dated in my life, the ones who were good guys, had good friends. And as it turns out, my husband's friends are awesome. I came to believe that it is a pretty good indicator that if you don't like a person's friends, you wouldn't really like that person.

By the same vein, be careful about the company that you keep, for it reflects upon you.

Something I would like to get better at:

I wish I had better self discipline to do the things I think I should do. My limited store of willpower sometimes feels inaccessible. Wish I knew how to draw upon it more reliably and be everything I think I should be...

Today I was thankful for:

1. The gift of an awesome mug, even though it was meant as a prank
2. Managing to avoid the worst of the evening traffic
3. Getting to see my kid's portfolio from the past year at the open house
4. Friendly conversation with many of my kid's friend's parents
5. Foot rubs from my husband

Looking forward to:

A day off work tomorrow, even though I'm spending it on the kid


No comments:

Post a Comment