Saturday, May 3, 2014

Day 140

Something learned:

When I run races, my brain starts freaking out because it has nothing to focus on and it can't help with the physical struggle that my body is going through at that moment.

At today's keynote speech, the speaker advises using "ridiculously short term goals" to build up to bigger goals. This works! During my runs, I stopped myself from going crazy by watching the watch and focusing on where I need to be in the next four minutes. The counting down distracts me enough to keep my feet moving.

It works to done extent with GTD too. By focusing on next actions, I am able to keep moving forward on projects.

Small goals work!

Something I would like to get better at:

Keeping an open mind. I've had people approach me with ideas, and it's all too easy for me to see problems or pitfalls. I let that obscure the potential value of the idea. I should get better at listening and seeing it from the positive side as well.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Inspiring keynote speeches
2. Taking a quick look at some awesome trees at a national park
3. Yummy soft shell crabs for dinner
4. Getting to walk through the Columbia Museum of Art for free
5. Realizing that I miss home because things that people get really excited about here, I already have at home.

Looking forward to:

Going home. Travel is good, home is even better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment