Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 128

Something learned:

Treat the disease, not the symptom. When solving a problem, it's important to address why the problem is happening, rather than just compensating for the effects. I think that doing this on a constant basis will result in a much smoother and effective life.

This is one of my jobs in this family. I set up reminders so we don't run out of stuff, or forget to do routine house/life maintenance. I set up systems to prevent problems from repeating. Someday, perhaps it'll be completely automated and I can just RELAX.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Sleep. I keep trying and failing to let myself sleep enough.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Making it to the omelet station in the nick of time before breakfast closed
2. Getting a free beach first aid kit from our on site nurse today
3. Finding out that my kid's new TKD master had taught Chuck Norris before. :)
4. Husband fixing the fish tank filter so I didn't have to touch nasty smelly stuff
5. A quiet evening of Minecraft by myself.

Looking forward to:

Ballroom dancing again. I miss it. It's been almost 6 years now since I stopped. I need to find a place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment