Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day 134

I've been having trouble getting back into the rhythm of blogging (obviously). Can't give up though.

Something learned:

I've learned to stop holding on to anger. Anger wastes my limited emotional resources on something that doesn't benefit me at all.  I have no lack of positive motivation. I work at authentic conflict resolution so I won't hold grudges.

Even if I still lose my temper on some occasions, I continue to strive to walk away from triggers, acknowledge and release any anger that does arise, or just remember that certain things don't matter enough to be angry over. I am the primary party who who benefits, it seems like the no-brainer choice.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Conversation. My socials skills are rusty and I forget that the purpose of talking to people is connection. Perhaps it's time to force myself to spend more time with people that I don't know well.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Managing to clean up the house in an hour this morning
2. Remembering in time to stop off and drop off the money I owed Christina.
3. That bumping the curb didn't seem to do any damage to my hubcap 
4. Getting to the kid's school, TKD class, and violin class, all on time.
5. Kid liking broccoli enough to eat the last of it.

Looking forward to:

Visiting South Carolina for the first time next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment