Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 129

Something learned:

I used to think that the most important ingredient for success was a good idea. In the years since, I've learned that good ideas are plentiful. Success, however, still depends on so many other factors.

Turning an idea into a reality is a probably the biggest stumbling block of all. The last 1% of a project takes 99% of the effort. Those who are able to ship a finished product richly deserve their success. In particular, for job interviews, we are told most of all to look for people who are able to "get things done."

Marketing is also vital to success. I thought that the value of something should be apparent without having to be explicitly pointed out, but it turns out that people need to be sold to.

Having a great idea is no promise of a fortune.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Not letting the dishes pile up at home. It's a terrible habit of mine to not finish the dishes before going to bed.

Today I was thankful for:

1. I fell asleep on the couch last night. Good thing our couch is comfy.
2. Kid went on big field trip at camp and didn't get lost!
3. My coworker who brought my badge down to me when I left the office without it and couldn't get back in.
4. My chocolate stash.
5. My ice cream stash

Looking forward to:

Staying in an Airstream on a goat farm. This should be exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment