Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 136

Something learned:

There was a time in my life when I was much angrier. I let things that annoy or irritate me capture my attention. I would give vent to anger, cuss, and let the negative emotion permeate. After a couple of years of this, I decided that I had a choice not to let myself be poisoned by my own anger.

I still get angry every now and then. but after I acknowledge the cause and my own reaction, I am usually able to release it and recover completely. My anger is usually an emotional, not a logical, response, and I think that when I am aware of it, I disarm it.

I've chosen not to give any power to anger. Life's too short to spend any of it in rancor. Don't Be Angry.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Cryptics. Last weekend's puzzle hunt had a puzzle that was half cryptics half sudoku, and Myles solved the first half as effortlessly as I did the latter half. I couldn't even pipe up with any answer suggestions because my jaw was on the ground.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Having enough points to redeem for $50 worth of free gift cards.
2. Finally getting my code to work. 2 weeks of struggling, and now it's working!
3. Kid getting invited to a playdate.
4. Kid enjoying a nature documentary about the Honey Badger.
5. Blogger saving the draft of this blog post before Chrome crashed.

Looking forward to:

Learning to sing the Queen of the Night aria. I never thought I'd get excited about opera :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll be your Cryptics coach! It's the first puzzle type I learned and I'd be happy to share with you. I love them.

    ReplyDelete