Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 130 & 131

Daily posting is hard when I'm travelling with my family. Since I spent last night in an Airstream trailer, I wasn't able to update last night.

Yesterday I was thankful for:

1. Umami burger for lunch
2. Bulgarini Gelato for dessert
3. Husband grilling an awesome dinner for us
4. Staying in a really cool Airstream trailer on a goat farm
5. Watching a hilarious but appropriately ruminant-themed movie, "Artois the Goat"

Today I was thankful for:

1. Learning to milk goats
2. Amazing fresh goat cheese, goat milk yogurt and goat milk for breakfast
3. Getting a phone call from my aunt
4. Getting an email from my sibling
5. An afternoon of Minecraft with my kid

Something learned:

Savor life. I've spent enough time watching people who are unhappy with life to be determined that I live life as best as I possibly can, while I can. You do only live once -- using YOLO as an excuse for taking silly risks just tarnishes that sentiment.

A number of years ago, I was in a car accident that I thought should have killed me. Looking back, even if I had known I was going to die that day, I wouldn't have lived my life any differently. That is how I try to live every day. The day I die will come some day, after all. I'm just not going to wait till I know when it's coming, before living right.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Controlling my temper. Despite knowing better, I still lose my temper. I'd like it to be more than just a personality trait, and that I can learn to be better than that.

Looking forward to:

I would like to take Musical Theatre classes some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment