Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 19

Something learned:

When I was younger, when I encountered various obstacles in life, I considered them temporary low points in a life of ups and downs. I would put ordinary life on hold to pay full attention to the issues and address them. As years passed, I started to realize that in life, problems and setbacks weren't the exception, but the norm. By waiting out the "lows", I was really waiting out life.

By accepting that problems are part and parcel of life, I learned to recalibrate my normal. Problems happen, I deal with them, all while choosing to be happy.

Today I was thankful for:

1. That even though it's cold out for Los Angeles, it's still not cold enough for real snow. (See photo)
2. Being able to appreciate the slow but steady effort that the kid is making with violin
3. Winning a contest for 2 hours of bliss
4. Early Christmas gifts from the employer
5. Husband making dinner

A hope:

I just want to survive the crazy schedule this weekend. We're way over-scheduled, with 2 parties, a swim lesson and not to mention the kid's and my recitals both being on the same day.



No comments:

Post a Comment