Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 32

Something learned:

Courage isn't the lack of fear, but proceeding despite feeling fear.
If you weren't fearful about something, it doesn't take much to go and do it. But if you felt very fearful but overcame it to finish, that takes a lot.

Looking back, I don't think I've needed courage very often -- mostly because I've underestimated the difficulty of many paths I've chosen, and proceeded down them without much fear. It was easy! The hard part was the work that came along later.

Hopefully if my courage does get tested someday, I'll won't disgrace myself.

Today I was thankful for:

1. 7 people showed up to sing carols today! Four basses, but still. We sang!
2. Looking forward to doing a small concert at work tomorrow.
3. Kimberly liking the Buddha Board I got her.
4. Proud of kid earning 2 black stripes for her belt at one go.
5. Watched Elysium via Chromecast. So much easier than Google TV

A hope:

I want to volunteer more. It's hard when I'm too introverted to enjoy interacting with strangers. When I do community service, I prefer manual labor tasks, but those seem hard to find.


No comments:

Post a Comment