Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day 28

Something learned:

When I was young, I thought I knew it all. My father seemed so over-skeptical and suspicious of things. He always thought that people were out to con me.  In hindsight, I think he was right. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Nowadays, I'm always looking for, and finding, the angle. Years ago, I was approached to to be a model, and my father was instantly skeptical. I just wanted to be thought of as pretty, so I went along with the modelling course and audition. I think now, it was mostly a clever ruse to sell me some overpriced makeup.

I shudder to think about when it'll be my turn some day to be the suspicious parent and my gullible, innocent child will be taken for a ride.

Today I was grateful for:


1. My rain boots getting some use and keeping my feet dry while helping the kid shower after swim lesson
2. Yummy lunch and fluff ice with friends
3. My car having enough charge to get me home
4. Chili crab to relieve homesickness
5. Seeing the lights at Christmas Tree Lane

A hope:

I want to see Mount Rushmore some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment