Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 14

Today I was grateful for:

1. Craft shopping with the kid at Michaels
2. Getting some purging done
3. Finding my lost keys
4. Playing board games with the family
5. Nature's Miracle. Nuff said.

Something learned:

Parents have an immense influence on us, as they should. I can identify specific quirks, insecurities and mindsets of mine that are a direct result of my relationship with my parents.

Becoming a parent myself, I feel the weight of the responsibility of guiding my child and being her role model. I have to be the steadfast, perfect anchor for her.

But the hard thing to remember is that parents are human too, and infallible. And as I learned to forgive them for the mistakes, I'll have to come to terms with my own mistakes.

A dream:

To travel as much as possible as a family before the kid doesn't want to anymore... Road trip across the US, history in Europe, nature in the Galapagos, whatever.


2 comments:

  1. I like the mistake in "parents are human" paragraph. Brings the point across nicely!

    ReplyDelete