Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 25

Something learned:

I try to live without regrets. I do this by having faith in my decisions, even if they turn out to be wrong later. I do the best I can with the information I have at the time, to the best of my abilities. That's all anyone can ask for, isn't it?

Like choosing to pursue a career in video games that went nowhere, or the time I told my dad I wasn't interested in working at startups, when he suggested applying to pre-IPO Google. All those decisions were the right one for me at the time. I look upon all of them as learning experiences that enriched me, even though in hindsight, they were mistakes. I don't consider them as such, since given the knowledge that I had at my disposal then, I still feel that I chose optimally.

Always make the best choices you can, learn from the experience, no regrets.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Finishing the book "Crazy Rich Asians" which made me oddly homesick.
2. All the wishlists on the giving tree at work being taken by people. I even plugged it after our weekly meeting :D
3. Finding a job opening that I could recommend someone for.
4. My kid's favorite TKD teacher being back in town
5. Hand-making cool Christmas gifts with the kid

A hope:

Funny how I've never actually been inside the Marina Bay Sands. Every time I'm back in Singapore, I'm so busy with people and eating, that I don't have time for the touristy stuff. Well, next time I'm back, I need to visit.







No comments:

Post a Comment