Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 21

Something learned:

I've always known that I wanted to marry someone honest, but I didn't actually learn to really trust until after I was married.

It was my husband who called me on it, when because of my own insecurities, I would ask him questions that showed a lack of faith in him and his actions.  I don't actually remember the specific questions, but I do remember the feeling of surprise when he challenged me if I thought that he would have married me if he wasn't committed to me. I knew him well enough to know that he wouldn't have, and something finally clicked in my head.

Unless you believe in yourself, it's hard to understand that another person can believe in you too.

Today I was thankful for:
1. Getting the Christmas tree up
2. A fun afternoon at J's birthday party with friends
3. Dancing with my husband to a live band under chandeliers
4. Getting an honorable mention for my costume
5. An awesome evening with friends at the holiday party

A hope:

That hubby's ankle issues aren't permanent, so that we can go dancing together again.



No comments:

Post a Comment