Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 27

Something learned:

A while back, I learned to answer the perennial job interview question "What is your greatest weakness" with "I have a terrible memory, but I've learned to manage by being super organized and writing down EVERYTHING."

By being upfront about my weakness, I've protected myself from future criticism. However, I've also managed to spin it into a selling point about myself, because I'm showing self-awareness and proactive improvement.

In that sense, as long as I am able to not take it personally, criticism can be extremely useful. It can a form of quality control, showing me the chinks in my armor BEFORE I go into battle. It doesn't even have to be constructive (your singing is bad), just not a personal attack (you're a loser).

Nobody is expected to be perfect, but I think it's pretty important that we keep working towards getting better.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Successfully iguring out  the TWO separate issues that was preventing my code from working.
2. Friends sitting down at my table at lunch so I had company
3. Sprinkles cupcakes and ice cream at work
4. Kid being told that she was ready for her first TKD stripe test next week
5. Breaking even on my mega millions lottery ticket

A dream:

To be flexible enough to do a semblance of a split. Not like I was even able to do it at age 6. 


No comments:

Post a Comment