Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Looking back on the first month

It's been one month since I started this project. I've gotten feedback from some people that they enjoy reading my posts, and no one has accused me of narcissistic navel gazing yet, so I'll take that as positive encouragement to continue.

Halfway through the month, I noticed it made more sense to rearrange the sections since they cover my past, my today, and my future. I think it's a happy accident that I chose those topics though. It's been a long time since I've written long prose, and I'm definitely rusty. Hopefully my writing will get smoother in the upcoming months.

It's sometimes hard to think of something to talk about what I've learned. I generally try to post about something big enough to be worth sharing, but then when I do, I don't usually have the time to elaborate enough do the topic justice. Maybe someday I'll look back on what I've written for this project and reorganize it into something more coherent. As of yet, I've not found a way to systematically excavate my inferences from the past years.

I have little trouble finding things to be grateful for. I usually post about something that is out of the ordinary, but there are many days where I'm simply thankful for something that I get on a pretty regular basis -- like making my kid giggle, or getting the husband's help with my todo list. Maybe I should add them every once in a while, for the sake of documenting it.

Lastly, the hopes and dreams portion, I've tried to share the more lofty ones. But I have many things I would like to do, but they not high enough priority for me to spend the money or time on them yet.

If you've read this far, I'm always happy to hear your thoughts; whether you disagree with what I've learned, or if you share a similar dream.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog and glad you're going to continue with it.

    ReplyDelete