Friday, December 27, 2013

Day 41

Something learned:

Lead by example.

The kid is way too observant and way too stubborn to let it go if I were to do something I told her not to do. (I've argued exceptions for things like scary or inappropriate movies for her age) Generally, I've tried to clean up my act -- eat my vegetables, meet my obligations etc.

I admit my mistakes or personal struggles e.g. my poor dental health from childhood sugar consumption. It's almost funny when she uses me as a cautionary tale when I remind her not to eat too much sweet stuff.

Being a parent made me a better person overall.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Getting in a few last minutes at the pool with the kid
2. Making it on Toy Story Midway Mania
3. That the kid's sprained ankle didn't end up  preventing her from walking after a couple of hours
4. Making it to the airport on time
5. Decent dinner in the terminal

A hope:

To bring my kid to Washington DC when she's old enough to appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment