Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 34

Something learned:

An ex of mine had never had a passport. In his words, everything he could want was right here in America. I was frankly kind of horrified that he couldn't conceive of any benefit to travel. Visiting, let alone living in, a different country makes you appreciate just how different another person's viewpoint can be, in ways you can't even imagine. It shakes your assumptions and opens you to possibility. Being able to travel, and challenge oneself, is a blessing.

Today I was thankful for:

1. The kid getting some energy out on playground equipment
2. My kid's palette - she loves Ethiopean food!
3. A nap -- mine
4. Saving 65% off at Old Navy. I swear my kid's knees must have teeth. Holes keep appearing in her leggings.
5. Family snuggle time while watching The Croods.

A hope:

That my daughter will always love me as much as she does now.

No comments:

Post a Comment