Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 24

Something learned:

Surround yourself with good people.

I learned how easily I get influenced by who I'm around when I used to date someone who used the F word in every third sentence. I found the same expletive rolling off my tongue a lot easier when I hear it all the time. I didn't swear before, or after him. I knew others too, who were surrounded by people who they too get influenced by.

The people around me modify what I consider the norm. It behooves to me to select my norm carefully, and to be around folks that I can respect.

Today I was thankful for:

1. My kid's giggles. They are the sound of pure happiness
2. My employer tangibly showing me how much they appreciate me
3. Finding out that the barista is serving holiday hot cocoa with mini marshmallows 
4. A big craft store sale -- found many projects to occupy the kid 
5. Family pizza night!

A hope:


I want to learn to tap dance.

Can LA have its warm weather back yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment