Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 42

I took a week+ off to recharge and to tackle spring cleaning at home. Will post before and after pictures -- am rather proud of myself :)

Something learned:

I'm struggling with teaching my perfectionist daughter this -- not to let fear of failure prevent you from tackling something. I've spent a lot of time myself staring at projects, paralyzed and unable to begin because I can't see the complete correct path. But I've learned the truth of "perfection is the enemy of progress

Strangely enough, when untangling giant knots, or solving a Rubik's cube, I'm quite content to pick away at it for ever until it's done, but perhaps because I know I'm always moving over the landscape towards the global maximum. There's no fear of failure in those endeavors.

I think I procrastinate on starting many other projects though, until I have mentally rehearsed the progression enough to be fairly certain of success. I've lined up a quilt, rag doll, scrapbooks, video compilations, just to name a few of these un-started projects (despite materials being already accumulated).

Time to start making progress!

Today I was thankful for:

1. Being in that tiny sliver of the country that is not experiencing freezing temperatures.
2. Lots of people accepting my purged-but-still-loved items so that I didn't have to bring them to Goodwill.
3. Google lunches. I never thought I'd miss salad.
4. Managing to get to inbox zero for both work and personal mailboxes.
5. Husband making dinner so I could finish working on a puzzle competition

A hope:

Would like to visit another new state or two in 2014. I'm making progress to getting to all 50!






No comments:

Post a Comment