Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 61

Something learned:

The kid had a bottle of bubbles and was happily blowing bubbles. She noticed a table nearby where people were selling bubble-blowing guns. She started sulking that her bubble bottle was "nothing" compared to the bubble guns.

What I really wanted to explain, (but didn't have the language to put in terms that she could understand) was that there is always going to be someone with something better than what you have, but that you shouldn't let it diminish the value that it brings to you, or you'll forever be unhappy.

I think if more people understood it, people would care so much less about "keeping up with the Joneses."

Today I was thankful for:

1. The patience of all my kid's teachers - I continue to marvel at their gentle yet persistent way of developing her skills and knowledge.
2. Meeting my cousin P today. I love hanging out with her! 
3. Getting a Chinese New Year lantern decoration to hang up in the house
4. Finding roasted chestnuts at the Chinese New Year Festival
5. Reading Escape from Camp 14. It's a powerful book.

Looking forward to:

Going to the Frozen Sing-a-long with my kid in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment