Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 48

Something learned:

Thought patterns that make purging hard for me:
1. I might need this.
2. This is still worth something
3. If I throw this out, I'll never remember XYZ.

Some solutions that work for me:
1. It's replaceable, and husband is ok with buying the replacement if I need it. OR I've had this for 10 years now and never needed it. (Sad that it's gone that long for some stuff...)
2. Give it away. I don't need the money, but it's not going to trash.
3. Photograph, scan or document, then toss. Someday I'll have to address the digital hoard though.

Today I was thankful for:

1. The kid enjoying her clean room so much that she spent the day playing with all the different things she's forgotten she had.
2. Dim sum lunch
3. Having the afternoon free to whittle down my todo list to just 1 item.
4. Watching Vikings with the husband. (http://www.history.com/shows/vikings/about)
5. Clean house! Clean house! Purging is pretty amazing when accompanied by mad organization to create open space that you've missed.

Looking forward to:

Long weekend for me and the kid.. unfortunately the husband has to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment