Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 43

Something learned:

My daughter had a meltdown but she was able to speak somewhat coherently as she sat tearful and sniffing while recovering. We talked about the big feelings that she was having, and she expressed frustration at not being able to control them. I empathized and reminded her that we all have the same feelings from time to time, and that in time she would learn to not let them completely take over. I think it made it a lot easier for both of us to deal with it, knowing that her feelings were valid and that she can and will get better at staying in control. Also, I must remember that getting her some water to drink will help her calm down.

I had huge meltdowns as a kid myself, but I don't think they were the same kind that she's having, so I haven't yet figured out how to avert them.

Today I was thankful for:

1. The phone calls I had to make to billing departments seeming to accomplish what I had hoped.
2. Successfully giving away the whole Rock Band set. Either it's really hard to give away stuff, or I'm not making it clear that it's for free and not sale.
3. That amazing feeling looking around the decluttered living area. It's so empty I feel like we're moving out.
4. Socal weather.
5. Reading this article online that made me very thankful that hubby turned out to be a great dad. http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/doyin-richards-cops-abuse-from-fellow-fathers-for-posting-photo-while-tending-to-his-daughters/story-fnet085v-1226797131017

A hope:

Ride an Alpine Coaster some day. It looks scary but fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment