Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 56

Something learned:

If you can't love life on your own, it's hard to for you to enrich someone else's life. Or more simply put, if you don't love yourself, you're not ready to be in love.

To make another person responsible for your happiness is selfish and unhealthy. Much in the way I rejected my mother's advice to marry a rich man and be taken care of, I should have realized that I also need to have the ability to take care of my own emotional needs.

Today I was grateful for:

1. +Beng Liang Koh sending me some awesome Chinese New Year music
2. $5 off at Joann, which I used to buy some 50% off rubberbands. End price was 94 cents for 2000 bands + 3 charms.
3. Free lunch for kid at the Indian buffet
4. Complimentary mango lassi for the kid at lunch (which she didn't like, so I got!)
5. Walking with the kid on her bicycle to the park.

Looking forward to:

Finally watching Knights of Badassdom tomorrow night. Grownups' night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment