Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 54

Something learned:

Financial literacy is important. It's not taught in schools. My father probably knew it but didn't teach me much. My mother is likely financially illiterate. I learned by reading many books, and finding the common threads in all of them. In the end it's not that hard.. but it does get complicated. It's scary how many people are financially illiterate, and don't see it as a problem. It's your money, and nobody else is looking out for it. And the less you have, the more important it becomes to manage it all and maximize what you do have to spend.

Today I was grateful for:

1. Yummy lunch in the sun by a fountain with the family
2. Bought a bunch of chocolate from See's .. and got free samples too
3. Finding a birthday gift for an upcoming party
4. Finishing Vikings Season 1 with husband
5. Getting a bunch of the tax prep stuff done

Looking forward to:

Playing with the new camera equipment the husband got me for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment