Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 59

Something learned:

A lot of my competitiveness was rooted in insecurity. That burning need to prove myself better, to validate myself. Today someone was talking shit to me. I was tempted to fire back, when I realized that my retort would have probably hurt (albeit true), and that I had no need to prove myself better. I'm glad to be in that place where I'm happy with myself. But that won't stop me from competing in contests of skill.. I just don't actually need to win anymore.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Being able to order my spinach omelet just the way I like it in the work cafeteria
2. Finishing my online lectures and homework for the week
3. Getting out of work in time to pick up the kid
4. Getting the kid to both her activities on time
5. Finishing my todo list and being able to relax with a book.

Looking forward to:

I think I'm gonna try to audition for a chorus group.

No comments:

Post a Comment