Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 62

Something learned:

When I was young I was so afraid of doing anything that wasn't prescribed behavior. It wasn't something I had seen done, and perhaps just not common in the culture I grew up in.

Attending college in the US, a friend's mother taught me "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" and I also learned that if you walk around like you're supposed to be there, few people will question you. Remembering these 2 things gives me a lot more confidence to get what I need done when interacting with people, and it has rarely failed.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Getting to the Boiling Crab early enough to make their first seating
2. Amoeba Records buying about a hundred of our CDs.
3. Husband letting me nap
4. Successfully making dinner and dip
5. Cleaned off my desk, cleared my todo list, finished my to-read stack, and being free enough to wonder what I should do next.

Looking forward to:

Now that I've got some headroom, maybe I can start writing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment