Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 51

Something learned:

I'm glad that I'm pushing myself by taking singing classes, and running races. When I talk to my kid about practicing, or courage, or failure, I can give her examples from my own experience, and it's much more authentic to her. I make myself vulnerable, and then demonstrate for her how to develop strength. I admit my mistakes and show her how to apologize. I'm learning to teach by example, and I don't think I could do it any other way.

Today I was thankful for:

1. The yummiest lamb chops ever for lunch at work
2. Kid being cooperative and practicing her stuff, then working on crafts.
3. Juggling 4 pots/pans and having dinner all come together without burning
4. Electronic statements being available means I can purge a 4 inch stack of paper.
5. Finally getting through my YouTube Watch-Later list.

Looking forward to:

4 day weekend with the kid! (Husband has a regular 2 day weekend :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment