Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 55

Something learned:

In order to do something, the hardest part is just DOING. Too often, we can just sit and THINK about doing, and the potential of the project is intact, and glorious. When we start doing, we run up against limitations of skills and resources and we have to start accepting the reality of a result that is less than our visualized ideal. That reality check is unpleasant, and we naturally avoid it.

I squirm terribly whenever my husband sees my work, because I don't want the imperfections to be laid bare in his judgement. But unless I get over that, I can't create anything.

My child fights back vigorously when pushed to do something she's not confident of completing perfectly. For her own sake, I have to keep pushing her past those boundaries. The same goes for me. I write this blog and perhaps at the end of the year, I will feel like a writer again.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Vanguard's website just keeps getting better. Procedures that used to take lots of printouts and form filling can now be done in a couple of minutes online.
2. Sunny warm weather in January
3. Kid's lunch at Rosti was free
4. Found Five Fingers that fit the kid at REI
5. Spending the evening with the in-laws

Looking forward to:

The parents-in-laws agreed to watch the kid overnight for Valentine's Day. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment