Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 49

Something learned:

When the kiddo loses a privilege like dessert over misbehavior, these days she exclaims that "it's not fair!"

When I was a kid, I thought that fairness meant everyone gets the same thing. Now I've come to believe that fairness means that everyone getting getting what they need. I'm just having a hell of a time making the kid understand it.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Managing to get tickets AND babysitting for a movie night with hubby next week.
2. Lots of encouragement for my purging before-and-after
3. Being proud of kiddo doing well in the new level of TKD classes that she got promoted to.
4. TV shows coming off their winter hiatuses (hiatii?)
5. Foot rub from the husband while we watched TV

Looking forward to:

Chinese New Year. Made plans to see family, and other Singaporeans. It's not exactly the same, but will still be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment