Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 64

Something learned:

GTD has helped me in recent weeks to reduce my stress levels.

Toward the end of last year, I realized that I was getting overwhelmed with everything I wanted to do -- my to-do list was gargantuan. Since I had just done our 2014 budget, I thought about how a financial budget helps figure out if I'm spending our limited money in the right places, and I figured a time budget might help me make sure that I had time to do all the things I wanted.

Well, I did it and I simply couldn't make it balance. So I knew that I had to cut out things. GTD helped give me an overview of the things I had mentally committed to doing, so I started being a lot more judicious with the number of things I added to the calendar or new projects that I started to take on.

It's been working. I have a better idea of where my time is being spent, and am being a little less spendthrift with my time. I have a little more of it free to enjoy now. If only I could bank time :)

Today I was thankful for:

1. I stopped by Krispy Kreme before work and treated myself to those doughnuts I've been craving.
2. Finished reading my library book
3. Finished my Coursera lectures for the week, and it's only Tuesday
4. Managed to do some quick calculations at the register to split up my purchases correctly in order to use my 3 Old Navy Super Cash coupons. (apparently they only take 1 per transaction) I can still do math!
5. Got to visit a chorus group and they'll let me audition after 3 weeks. I have no idea if I'm good enough, but I'm glad I'm trying!

Looking forward to:

My camera equipment has not gotten much use lately. I've figured out a photography project for myself and am excited to embark on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment