Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 57

Something learned:

I used to think I was not a morning person. I would stay up late, and have a miserable time in the mornings. It wasn't recent years, possibly after having a kid and being forced to wake up at 6am to have any time to myself, that my schedule shifted enough to match that of a "morning person".

I learned that my body was dependable. I found myself easily waking up at 6am without an alarm clock, provided I had went to bed at a reasonable hour the day before.

I learned that my body was noticeably sensitive to sleep deprivation. After accumulating enough sleep debt, I would invariably find myself having thoughts similar to "I'm so sad" or the like.

It's good to finally understand my body.

Today I was grateful for:
1. The library movie that got mistakenly borrowed on my account got returned on time anyway.
2. Getting a bunch of Forever stamps from the machine even though the post office ran out.
3. Kid making all the beds in anticipation of her babysitter
4. Getting through the 405-N rush hour traffic in (only) an hour 
5. Getting to watch Knights of Badassdom after waiting for it for 2 years.

Looking forward to:

Seeing my cousin this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment