Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 72

Something learned:

Today I got in an accident. My car is pretty damaged, but no one was hurt. There's some hassle involved in getting my car repaired, and goodness I'm gonna hate driving a gas car while that happens... but on the whole, it's been over 10 years since I was last hit, so I think that's pretty good.

I remember though, how I felt in previous car accidents -- pretty darned crappy, anxious, and downright disappointed in myself. Today I felt none of those. I felt somewhat annoyed that there's a whole cascade of things that will be added to my todo-list in order to take care of this, and I really don't want to drive a gas car, but on the whole, I'm not feeling like I've personally failed by having this accident.

I like this mental place that I'm in.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Free $25 of shopping
2. Free grocery grab bags at work
3. The insurance companies finding the other driver at fault for the accident.
4. Getting the piece of plywood I wanted for tap dance practice
5. Postcard from my best friend from when I was 6 years old.

Looking forward to:

Learning to tap dance in the comfort of my own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment