Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 92

Something learned:

Secrets and surprises are completely different things.

A secret is when you conceal something, often for the purpose of staying out of trouble.

A surprise is something that you intend to reveal later, usually for the purpose of delighting someone.

It sometimes still shocks me that I didn't learn this until so late in life. We have a no secrets rule in our house. I can go further into why, but that's a post for another day. Surprises are awesome, but secrets are not allowed. And this definition is simple enough that even my kid can tell the difference.

Today I was thankful for:

1. More than half of the kid's summer has now been registered for.
2. Getting the tax stuff off to the accountant.
3. Free donut.
4. Finding enough stuff at home for kid's food drive at school
5. Hubby coming home and taking over stuff since I was in too much pain to get out of bed

Looking forward to:

Tomorrow. Some days, they exist to make the next day seem so much better. Today's one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment