Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 93

Something learned:

The way to get what you want out of life is to know what you want. And then always be working towards it.

I think I was about ten when I answered the question, "What do you want to be in life?" with "Happy."

It's still true today. Granted, it's more complicated than having an infinite amount of chocolate and getting foot rubs. Happiness for me, is a number of things -- family, friends, experiences, accomplishments, a stress-free life, lifelong learning, fulfilling all my roles (daughter, sister, mother, wife) well. I don't want to be rich or famous. I want to live in a way that's consistent with my values.

I don't presume that everybody has the same goal in life, but I do believe that each person's life will be more satisfying if they knew what their goal was, and allow it to guide them in their choices.

Today I was grateful for:

1. The key fob still working despite being left in the pocket of the jeans I washed yesterday
2. Realizing that I was NOT 30 minutes late for the meeting, but rather 30 minutes early.
3. Free chocolates from Google
4. Purging the freezer, lots of space in there now
5. Husband getting the info for how to reproduce our wedding cake

Looking forward to:

Taking a day off on Friday. All for myself :D

No comments:

Post a Comment