Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 84

Something learned:

A few years ago, I took a seminar that explained that a child's primary emotional goal is to achieve belonging and significance.

I give my child belonging by loving her unconditionally. She knows that I can sometimes be mad at her, but I'll never stop loving her. It's her emotional bedrock.

I give her significance by listening to what she has to say. I hold fast to my job of keeping her safe and keeping her behavior appropriate (i.e. parenting), but what she has to say is important enough for me to listen and respond to.

She's pretty confident and secure, guess it's worked for her so far.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Sleeping in
2. Relaxed day with family
3. Making progress on purging stuff
4. Clearing my whole weekend todo list
5. Hubby getting me ice cream

Looking forward to:

Watching one of my best friends from high school in a movie tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment