Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 74

Something learned:

My mother told me that she thought I was a better mother than she was. I wonder if she thinks that because she feels my daughter is turning out better than I did. Maybe I'm bragging too much.

Or maybe because I'm putting so much effort into parenting. Which quite frankly, is more a result of not knowing what the heck I'm doing, and not having any role models at hand, so I'm doing my best to cover my bases.

Whatever the case, if I have learned anything, is that when it comes down to it, we're all just doing what we can. Every kid is different, every family, every situation is different. There's so many different ways of doing things. Just keep the kid safe, raise them well.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Locating a new pair of uniform pants for the kid since her pinafore has truly disappeared
2. Hubby finding a solution to the problem of me having left the kid's school-appropriate shoes at TKD class yesterday
3. Kiddo's Ren Fair bloomers that I bought from Etsy arrived and look awesome
4. The Real Escape game is coming back to LA. Can't wait to play again.
5. Kiddo entertaining herself giving me some down time this evening.

Something to look forward to:

I'm making a plan to write a book. Maybe a small book in the next year. Or maybe a real tome.. in the next 3 years? Getting published, well, that's a dream for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment