Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day 88

Something learned:

Have your own goals. Success is achieving your own goals -- not measured by society's standards.

When you have your own goals, whether financial, career, personal, etc, you get to determine your own success. Know yourself, and you will be free yourself from resentment of others' expectations of you. Whatever you achieve, is because you have chosen to.

I've made my career choices this way since I was 16 and it has served me well. I saw no personal fulfillment in becoming a lawyer, or doctor, or financier, and I've been so happy being a programmer.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Successfully helping a friend with a spreadsheet problem and she called me a genius... But it was just programming
2. Getting a free copy of an interesting sounding novel at an author's talk by Jerry Stahl
3. A friend's husband taking the time to answer my questions about trusts
4. Free time this evening to do puzzles
5. Kid volunteering to perform with her violin in school next week. So freaking adorable

Looking forward to:

Mailing off that massive packet of tax papers to our accountant.


No comments:

Post a Comment