Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 79

Something learned:

I was very passive growing up. Sometime after college, when I was in a car accident and spent hours waiting in "urgent care" to be seen, a friend's mom explained that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Basically, in order to get something, sometimes, you need to ask, otherwise you might get ignored.

The kid has learned to ask for things since she could speak, even though service staff sometimes don't even register that she's speaking to them. It's good for her though, since I was so shy in school, I only ever ordered food in the cafeteria that didn't require me to say more than two words, and I would order from the same vendor EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I know how to squeak now.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Yummy halibut at lunch
2. All clear from my annual physical bloodwork
3. My insurance company reassuring me of their support
4. Hubby being home on time
5. Text from dad

Looking forward to:

Day off with kid soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment