Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 90

Something learned:

I heard a great line at a talk the other day. "In Hollywood, ideas are like sperm." There are a million of them for every one that makes it, and that one had to go a long way to get there.

I particularly liked that line because I used to think good ideas were the secret to success, and not just in Hollywood. Eventually I came to understand that ideas are actually rather worthless because so many of them don't get that backbreaking work put in on that long journey with no promises, and they just die an idea, nothing more.

The ability to complete a project, or successfully resolve a series of problems in pursuit of a goal, is ultimately far more important than just having ideas.

Today I was thankful for :

1. Finally fixing our TiVo
2. Spending time with my cousin P.
3. Getting a ton of good info at the summer camp fair
4. Some alone time to fold laundry and watch a DVD
5. A very sweet gift from my daughter, just because

Looking forward to:

Summer and wearing skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment