Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 83

Something learned:

Someone recently told me that I was modest, when I tried to reframe the description of one of my achievements.

Upon reflection, I'm wasn't being modest, but rather defensive. Since young, I've had strong ability in a few narrow areas, and was fortunate enough to have some opportunities to excel. Over the years, I learned that any mention of achievements is more likely to create jealousy than goodwill. Such is life.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Waking up without having gotten kicked in the night
2. Spending money to support someone being victimized by King/Candy Crush
3. Umami burger lunch
4. Getting my travel plans for South Carolina straightened out
5. Afternoon with family

Looking forward to:

My upcoming conference in South Carolina. Have never been to that state!

No comments:

Post a Comment