Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 85

Something learned:

When I was pregnant and researching breastfeeding, an unmarried male coworker asked in sincere surprise, "Isn't formula just as good?" Well, I was raised on formula, as were all my siblings. My mother was from a generation that considered formula as the modern, superior choice, and prior to getting pregnant, I simply assumed too that I would use formula.

When I became pregnant, I started researching all manner of things that I never even knew about, and made my choices based on available research, with a little mother's instinct thrown in. Many of those choices are completely different from what my parents did, or what is shown on TV or in movies as the norm. I have no regrets, and in some cases, fortunate to even learn about, the choices I did.

It's okay to be a self-made parent.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Made it for bacon and a pinch of hash browns at breakfast
2. Lotsa packages at work.
3. Finding some significant bugs when I was assigned to bugbash.
4. Another free batch of stuff from Google
5. Hubby watching the kid while I attend a film festival showing

Looking forward to:

Snuggling with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment