Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day 89

Something learned:

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. The key to being able to take advantage of opportunities when they come your way, is by doing your preparation will you wait for them.

If you want a career in a certain field, you don't wait till you see the job ad before you get relevant training. In fact, I wanted to work in computers before software engineering existed as a career, and I spent a whole lot of my youth programming. So when the technology boom happened, my luck happened.

I spend a lot of effort on being prepared. To me, it's worth it to avoid possible bad luck. Your mileage may vary.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Hubby driving out to pick up lunch while I did chores
2. Kid enjoying the climbing gym
3. A patient kid while at an incredibly slow restaurant
4. Awesome (but expensive) ice cream at Ben & Jerry's.. new flavor Hazed and Confused
5. Finding and buying some awesome custom LEGO minifigs on ebay

Looking forward to:

Dropping off the kid for Climb time in the future and having 2 hours of adult time!

No comments:

Post a Comment