Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 105

Something learned:

Use it or lose it. I've always believed this to be especially applicable to the brain. Knowing that mental decline is a fact of life, I try to challenge my brain while I still can with puzzles, learning new things, writing, reading, etc. I don't know how well it works, but as long as I continue to be around people who are smarter than I am, I can't get complacent. Or perhaps that's the real lesson, to surround yourself by the people who you want to be like.

Today I was thankful for:

1. Getting to attend a book talk by Daniel Siegel and getting to directly discuss something with him that contradicts another book I read
2. Free book from that talk
3. Finding appropriate bait for the kid's leprechaun trap homework
4. Dinner out with the family before the husband headed off to a Titanfall launch event
5. Finding something appropriate for the kid to donate to the spring fair

Looking forward to:

I hope to someday get to be a guest at Club 33 in Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment