Sunday, March 30, 2014

Day 123

Something learned:

I don't wear makeup on a regular basis, because this is who I am. I saw firsthand growing up how my mother hated anyone seeing her without her makeup on. If you consider the made up face as your baseline, the "perfect" version as who you should be, I guess it's natural that your true face becomes something to be concealed and unmentionable.

I am aging, I'm not perfect, but I'm good with who I am and what I'm becoming. I can only hope I can help my own daughter find her own confidence in her self image.

Something I want to get better at:

Talking to strangers. I am too shy to ask permission to photograph people in costume. I don't give compliments to strangers who deserve them. I am especially scared when I know there's likely to be a language or accent barrier.

I get over it enough to function normally, but I know there's a whole other level I can take my communication to to stop missing out on connecting with those around me.

Today I was thankful for:

1. A chance to chat with Myles when we ran into each other.
2. A fun morning auditioning for The Chase gameshow, even if I wasn't called back.
3. Afternoon of solitude when husband took kid to run his errands. I got a lot of cleaning done.
4. A fantastic "fireside chat" and performance by Adam Pascal
5. Kiddo behaving reasonably well during said show, and giving giant goofy grins when she recognized his songs.

Looking forward to:

Fun family plans on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment