Sunday, March 23, 2014

Day 118

Something learned:

I was guilty of passive aggressiveness when I was younger, but I now consider it a huge waste of time. I have no more patience for passive aggressive behavior. Time is in short supply I value directness. If someone is seeking change, or wants me to do something, they need to tell me or else, risk being ignored. Honestly, if you want something, wouldn't it be so much simpler to just ask for it?

If it is worth less because you have to ask, then maybe you shouldn't be seeking it in the first place.

Something I'd like to get better at:

Memory. Have I mentioned memory before? (You see what I did there?)

I can do pretty decently when I concentrate, but otherwise, it's like a sieve. I practice with Lumosity, but again, it's only effective when I'm working really hard. I lose the threads of conversation, I lose things, I forget promises that I don't write down...

On the other hand, I don't have to remember the bad stuff :)

Today I was thankful for:

1. Hanging out with another programmer mom, good drink and good conversation.
2. Yummy lunch at ROC with family (even running into the Kangs there)
3. Fun afternoon playing Tombstone Hold'em and meeting new people
4. Husband running errands and taking the kid to get caterpillars
5. Delicious dinner at Benihana

Looking forward to:

Spring weather. Skirts. Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment